I should explain the Day 2 out of 19. We have 19 days - 3 weeks -- before Christmas break. I have to do technology inventory and get all new equipment in my lab by then. Well, the equipment comes on the 17th.
Today wasn't as bad, but I decided to take out the huge chunk of non-working network cable. It was on the floor in the way of my students. I also decided to remove the extension cords. I am a smart child, and since I couldn't get the cords to go through the "speed bump", I decided to chop off one of the ends and pull it through. Again, being smart, I cut them off at the plug, knowing they weren't plugged in.
So I brought a set of wire cutters to school and preceded to chop. The extension cords were a bit difficult but got there. There were about 30 network cables in the harness, so I had to chop them one by one. I started, got about 10 done and thought, huh, wondering if I am gong to disconnect my phone. Sure enough it was one of the first chopped.
Thus, I had to stop at Home Depot and get telephone cable on the way home. Not sure how much so got two 50 foot cords and a coupler. But at least now I can put my phone where I want it. Closet sounds good, smirk.
On of my favorite department members sent me an email with a bunch on numbers on it. He teachs subject that should be able to do spreadsheet, so I sent him his inventory back and told him to fix it. He then put a request for network ports to be repaired, and it's on my desk. I'll put a ticket in AFTER inventory. Even ran into him in the hall, told him his inventory sucked (not in that many words), and when he asked about the ticket said, "oh, sorry, I have to have the inventory done first." Hasn't worked yet, but we'll see.
Second floor is finished. I've got half of the portables. I am hoping my student and I can finish portables tomorrow and start on the first floor.
So 17 days to go.