So I'm down to the following types of Mystery Shopping:
- Grocery stores in the very local area - got to go there
- Gas stations (but absolutely no audits) in the immediate area
- Shops that are fun and near somewhere I have to go anyway. I did a jewelry store shop o the way to Jenny Craig this week. That way I can expense the mileage.
- Food that pays and is stuff I really like.
- Web shops -- I have one that has been going on once a month that pays $80. I've done some others that pay $10 - $15.
- Phone shops -- those vary. I'm going an annoying one that pays $15. You have to call daily.
- At home shops
- Fun stuff that pays a bonus. Even if a bit of a drive.
May I did $500. I'm up to $350 this month. Note: the last week of the month is the most heavily bonused.
I'm also trying another type of IC job. It's called InSite Inspections and I've done one. What I like about this, is there is nothing to memorize and as of the second one, today, I can do it on my tablet and have all the data entry done almost as soon as I finish. The first one I did on paper and it sucked. I also made a mistake.
They pay okay, but you have to make a call to the site within 4 hours of accepting the assignment and do it in 48 hours. So no advanced planning.
As for the technology bootcamp. There is a Udemy course on Web Design I really like. It's "The Complete Web Developer Course 2.0" and you can often find a good deal on it. I'm not a big fan of video courses, but this one is good. It has exercises so you can practice.