Got the Surface to Connect with my MacMini -- Xamarin
Still unstuck :-)

Finally Got Unstuck

I got stuck a few months ago.

I had been wanting to update the Beagle Rescue Fund site – I wanted it to be modern looking, load fast and work on any device.

I had written a great site using .NET and test hosted it on Azure but then couldn’t get it to work on the GoDaddy site. 

I had a couple of options at that point, which I explored.

First, I tried to get GoDaddy to help – no dice.  I also tried to get Azure to host it but they aren’t doing nonprofits yet.  I did some research but found nothing that could help.

What helped was that the business that I web host and design for moved so I had to modify their site.  That’s done, and was pretty painless.

Stall a bit more and finally bit the bullet.  Instead of using .NET technology, I went to bootstrap.  I also tested on the GoDaddy server as I went and it was working.

And before people think I’ve lost my mind.  Yes, I have hated the advertising that GoDaddy used early in their business career.  They have been trying to improve and have a hosting plan for non-profits.

I also came to the realization that using Bootstrap wasn’t a whole lot different than using .NET 

Waiting for the board to suggest changes before I make it public.  Though the new site is live.


Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

The comments to this entry are closed.